Meet Dr. Cusick
Dr. J. Douglas Cusick
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Doug Cusick was born and raised in Kansas City. In 1981, he graduated from the University of Kansas with a B.S. in Business Administration and proceeded to get his Doctorate of Medicine from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1986. He was also president of his medical class.
After completing General Surgery residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Southern California in 1990, he did an additional two years of Plastic Surgery residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center, where he still serves as a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Cusick is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Within the Kansas City medical community, he has served as President and Treasurer for the Kansas City Plastic Surgery Society, and served on the Board of Directors and Finance committee of Saint Joseph Health Center.
His passion for service has led him to participate in more than 40 medical missions around the world. He performs reconstructive surgery on children and trains the local surgeons. His goal is to restore not only the children’s physical appearance and abilities, but also their self-esteem. He is one of the founding members of the Medical Mission Foundation, where he has served on the Board of Directors and is currently on the Board of Advisors.
Dr. Cusick’s passion is shared by his wife, Barbara, and their three sons: Brandon, Andrew and Christopher. He and his boys are all Eagle Scouts, and the family enjoys being active in sports such as skiing, water sports, and golf. Dr. Cusick is also an avid collector and restorer of antique mechanical music instruments.
- Oral Roberts University School of Medicine, Doctorate of Medicine,1986
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, General Surgery Residency,1990
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Kansas Medical Center,1992
- Clinical Instructor Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, 1992 - current
Certifications & Memberships
- Board Certified by The American Board of Surgery and Plastic Surgery
- Member American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Kansas City Plastic Surgery Society
- Past President & Treasurer, Kansas City Plastic Surgery Society